Hydrorain’s new, innovative Wi-Fi timer was a smashing hit at this year’s IA show in Las Vegas, walking away with the Best New Product award. The HRC 400 brings a full range of functionality and takes control to a whole new level for contractors and homeowners alike.
Built in 8 and 16 station versions, the HRC 400 is a fully functional smart Wi-Fi controller. B-hyve technology accesses real-time weather data sources, such as NOAA, and delivers that information to the timer, allowing it to adjust to changing weather conditions and save millions of gallons of water in the process. The information also adjusts the timer’s run schedule as the season changes.
Further, the HRC 400 allows contractors to tap into their customer’s controllers remotely from anywhere with an internet connection, letting them make adjustments, check status or even turn off the controller as needed. No more need for time consuming site visits. It can all be handled from your home, office or anywhere in the field.
Orders for the HRC 400 can be placed now through our distributors.
We just finished another successful IA show, this year in Las Vegas. Once again, HYR was a hit among the many vendors and manufactures at the show.
IA is a great chance to reconvene with others in the industry, share new insights and technology and network with potential business partners. But a lot of work goes into getting ready for these two days. In fact, work starts some six months before and really ramps up three months before. There’s a lot of planning that needs to happen with products, presentations and displays. Altogether, between sales staff, marketers, executives and engineers, there was a team of over 30 HYR employees at the show, all working to make it go off without a hitch.
And the hard work paid off. HYR was able to garner a lot of great new contacts, answer questions and see the exciting advancements being made in the world of irrigation. We were able to show off our new products, even walking away with an award for the best new product for our new HRC 400 B-Hyve Wi-Fi controller.
Home security is a wide term that encompasses a series of elements that work together toward the same common goal: to maintain the perimeter in and around a house as protected as possible. The advent of today’s technologies and the apparition of a wide array of advanced security tools, alarms, locks, and devices are simplifying the job of homeowners. Motion sensors and wireless outdoor sirens for example count among the most popular choices on the market. They are excellent thief deterrents as well as means of bringing more peace of mind to homeowners and renters alike.
Hydro Rains’ Motion Sensor
This motion sensors can add a boost of flexibility to your outdoor landscape lighting options. It can be directly connected into the Hydro- Rain®’s 3-Station LED Landscape Light controller and mounted on any wall. You can even strategically hide it in a garden or on a flowerbed thanks to its stake-mount option. It features an 120° motion detection angle that can effectively sense movement up to 40 feet away.
Why Use Add-on Wireless Outdoor Sirens?
- they are extremely easy to install and use;
- they provide maximum alarm sound with flash and their transmitting distance goes as far as 300 ft. in open spaces.
- they feature built-in rechargeable backup batteries that can be used in case of emergencies for up to 100 hours;
- the sound of such a siren is of 120dB;
- the alarm can help scare off home intruders thanks to its powerful siren. The motion sensing alarm sounds every time movement is detected. It can be armed with a numeric code and it features a low battery indicator.
Other Powerful Outdoor Thief Deterrents
- Install sturdy locks on the main entry doors so you can discourage potential thieves who might want to try their luck straight at the front door.
- Have a professional home locksmith come over, assess your current locksets and make the best recommendations. You might need to simply have the old locks re-keyed, lubricated, or replaced with better sets of lucks. Adding dead bolt locks to an existing set of locks is a common occurrence; get ready to invest in a commercial grade-1 dead bolt lock as they rank the highest in specific industry tests.
- Add powerful locks to the fence around your house and maintain the locks and keys in pristine shape at all times.
- Cut a sufficient number of copies for your keys or consider having master keys cut for simpler key management and less hassle.
- Secure your gate with powerful latches and locks and add surveillance cameras and monitoring systems in and around the house.
- Consider getting a barking dog and keeping it in your front or back yard as a natural deterrent against potential intruders or property criminals.